The 124th Tournament of Roses Parade is scheduled for Tuesday. Below, the basics parade visitors need to plan a day in Pasadena.
Theme: "Oh the Places You'll Go!"
When: 8 a.m.
Grand Marshal: Dr. Jane Goodall, found of the Jane Goodall Institute and UN Messenger of Peace.
Route: The formation area is on Orange Grove Boulevard, south of Colorado Boulevard. The parade will travel east on Colorado Boulevard to Sierra Madre Boulevard, where it will turn north.
Viewing: Free at designated curbside areas; Call 626-795-4171 for grandstand seating. Click here for advice on camping out. Coverage starts on NBC4 at 8 a.m.
Visitor Hotline: 877-793-9911
Getting There:Metro will run additional trains and more frequent service on the Gold Line from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. with trains running as frequently as every seven to eight minutes to and from Pasadena. Police urged drivers to avoid the 110 Freeway.
Ramp Closures: Drivers should be aware of closures, beginning Monday night and continuing through New Year's Day
- The eastbound Orange Grove Boulevard off-ramp of the 134 Freeway will be closed from 8 p.m. Monday until 2 p.m. Tuesday.
- The westbound on-ramp will close from 2 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday.
- The eastbound San Gabriel Boulevard off-ramp of the 210 Freeway will be closed from 8 p.m. Monday until 4 p.m. Tuesday.
- The westbound Sierra Madre Boulevard off-ramp will close between 8 p.m. Monday and 4 p.m. Tuesday.
- On the 710 Freeway, the southbound off-ramp at Del Mar Boulevard will close from 9 p.m. Monday until 11 a.m. Tuesday. The northbound Del Mar Boulevard and California Boulevard on-ramps will close between 6 p.m. Monday and 11 a.m. Tuesday.