5 Tips to Avoid a Parking Ticket
Thursday, May 22, 2014 • Updated 12:16 PM PDT
Below, advice to avoid parking tickets.
1. If the meter is broken, write a note and leave it where a parking enforcement officer can see it.
2. Look around for a central pay station. Sometimes, there isn’t a meter at the spot where you are parked.
3. Make sure tires are not on the white lines. Move your car if your tire is covering a line.
4. Look for hidden driveways. You can get a ticket for partially blocking them.
5. Always look at the parking signs, even in metered areas. Many areas have time restrictions.