Below, advice for drivers looking to contest a parking ticket.
1. Always look at the ticket to make sure everything is filled out correctly. If there are mistakes or information is missing then you have a good chance of winning an appeal.
2. Pay with a credit card so you have a paper trail. Be sure to enter just the time you need. Most meters start with the maximum two hours so be sure to only pay for the time you need.
3. Write down the meter number, street address, time and day.
4. Take pictures. Most cameras will record the date and time the picture was taken.
5. If you were shopping or at an appointment when you got a ticket, keep the receipts. They have date and time stamps.