This article is sponsored by CareMore, a health plan geared specifically toward Medicare beneficiaries. To learn more about CareMore, visit Caremore.com.
It's no secret that healthcare in this country is deeply flawed, particularly at the senior level. Under the current segmented model, aging patients are sent to a multitude of specialists, which often results in expensive and ineffective treatment.
Fortunately, CareMore Health Plan offers an easy solution to seniors and their families who are tired of the fragmented health care paradigm.
Started over 15 years ago as a Medical Group geared toward seniors, today CareMore offers a Medicare Advantage Health Plan that contributes to all aspects of an individual’s health and wellness – one that is proactive, timely, and customized to the individual.
Members also enjoy access to CareMore Care Centers, where they receive individualized attention and access to providers at the very forefront of medical knowledge and research. CareMore staff is specially trained in the areas of senior health care and understand that the right combination of care and special programs can keep you or a loved one feeling your very best. CareMore Care Centers offer specialized programs like:
- Healthy Start provides a comprehensive medical evaluation performed by a specially trained nurse practitioner or physician who will give you recommendations and choices for treatment and follow up care.
- Fall Prevention Program delivers a comprehensive assessment for people with a history of falls or those who are at risk for falls.
- DiabeatIT™ Diabetes Care Program provides education and information for controlling blood sugar along with diabetes support groups, nutritional education and counseling, exercise classes and a toll-free helpline.
- High Blood Pressure Care Program gives you access to a home based electronic blood pressure monitoring system that easily plugs into your telephone. Blood pressure readings are taken at home, sent to CareMore electronically and then analyzed by your care team. You will also receive educational classes, have access to support groups and have periodic wellness checkups.
- Foot Center provides regular foot examinations along with removal of ingrown toenails and routine toenail trimming.
CareMore is committed to providing focused and innovative healthcare approaches to the complex problems of aging. For more information on CareMore, their services and to see if the plan is right for you or a loved one, visit www.caremore.com.