Vitamix recalled one of its blender containers this week after receiving 18 reports of the blades breaking off from the base and posing a laceration hazard to users, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
The voluntary recall involves blades used with the Vitamix 64-ounce Low-Profile containers with the following part numbers:
- Blades: 103208 A
- Blender: 103541
The containers were sold individually and in Professional Series 300, Professional Series 750 and Vitamix 7500 model blenders.
Vitamix received nearly two dozen reports of blades breaking while the blender is running, forcing the cutting blade to strike the container -- potentially slicing through the plastic and wounding a consumer.
The blades were manufactured from March 2012 to July 2013 and are marked with the date codes 03-12 through 07-13. The date codes and part numbers are etched on the blades in the containers.
The company did not receive any reports of injuries.
Consumers should stop using the recalled containers immediately and contact Vitamix for replacement instructions at 888-350-4386 or by visiting the company's website.
More Southern California Stories:
- Prolific Bike-Riding Groper Still at Large
- High-Speed Chase Ends in Arrest
- Flash Floods Wreak Havoc in Riverside
- Shooting Outside Starbucks in San Pedro
- Hot Prowler Burglar: "All I Need Is Bus Money"
- Truck Flattens Tree to End Chase
- Chase Ends When Truck Slams Into Tree
- Task Force Targets South Los Angeles Gang