Police arrested a fourth suspect in connection with an ambush shooting that wounded a San Bernardino police officer.
James Love Jr., 29 of San Bernardino, was arrested Friday night in connection with the July 26 shooting at Base Line and Sierra Way in which two others were arrested, including a 14-year-old boy, officials said. An officer wounded his leg in the shooting.
Two of the assailants were wounded when officers returned fire.
The attack was among several on law enforcement in a 10-mile area in San Bernardino in three weeks, police said.
An officer's patrol car was struck in the driver's side window in the 2200 block of West Rialto Avenue on Friday, police said. The officer was not struck by the bullets, but he hurt his arm on broken glass, police said.
A man was arrested in connection with a drive-by shooting attack that wounded a San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputy on July 16.
More Southern California Stories:
- Men Plead Not Guilty in Pot Farm Sex Slave Case
- Police Convince Mom to Face Abduction Charges
- Deputy Allegedly Pepper Sprays Teen's Pizza
- Alert Citizen Helps Save Teen From Rapist
- Final X Games in LA Underway
- San Pedro Turns 125 Years Old
- Possible Terror Threat Heightens Alert in LA
- 15-Year-Old Boy Arrested in "Surf City" Rioting
- 405 Freeway Ramp Closures Begin