A truck transporting avocados spilled its cargo onto the southbound 5 Freeway Tuesday, causing a traffic backup in the Pacoima area.
Aerial video showed avocados on the freeway and behind a construction barrier. Crews picked up some of the avocados by hand and used a front-end loader to scoop them into containers on a flatbed truck.
The spill occurred between Sheldon Street and Lankershim Boulevard at about 11:30 a.m. All lanes were blocked after the crash, but one lane reopened at about noon.
No injuries were reported.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- Watch Live: NBC4 News at Noon
- Obama Returning to LA for Leno Appearance
- Palmdale Chase Ends in Crash on 14 Fwy
- Crews Defend Homes From "Wall of Flame"
- Lanes on 5 Fwy Reopen After Pedestrian Fatality
- LAPD Officer Shoots, Kills Pit Bull in Reseda
- Bicyclist Dies After Northridge Hit-And-Run
- Booking System Outage Delays Flights Across US