Homicide detectives on Tuesday were investigating the death of a 4-month-old baby boy who was found dead in an SUV in Carson.
The infant's body was discovered about 3:20 p.m. Monday in the 19000 block of Cliveden Avenue in Carson, according to a statement from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
The baby's parents, who were not home, called police to report that they believed they accidentally left the child in the locked vehicle, sheriff's officials said.
Sheriff's deputies arrived and broke the back window of the SUV to get to the baby. A deputy tried to perform CPR on the infant, but the baby was dead, officials said.
The parents have several other children. No arrests were made and it will be up to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office to determine whether criminal charges will be filed, officials said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Dad of Slain Girl: "I Have to Bury My Daughter"
- Parents Let Kids Skip Standardized Tests
- Wet Electric Fest Challenged by City
- NASA Aims Again for Manned Missions
- Arrest in Death of Woman Found Under Bridge
- Cal Worthington, Famed Car Salesman, Dies at 92
- UCLA Footballer's Death Ruled an Accident