Police on Sunday sought the public's help in locating a 20-year-old Beverly Hills resident who may be disoriented and was last seen Wednesday evening in the Fairfax district.
Joseph '"Yossi" Weiss was last seen walking about 6 p.m. Wednesday in the area of Hauser and Wilshire boulevards by someone who saw him walking and waved hello, according to his mother, Chana Weiss.
Weiss said she filed a missing person's report with Beverly Hills Police Department Friday.
"There was some news that he seemed disoriented. So we're concerned about it," said Weiss, who does not suspect foul play in her son's disappearance. "His phone is turned off or dead. Since Tuesday night, he hasn't been using his phone.
"He's on foot," she said. "He doesn't own a car or bike."
Her son was described as a 6-foot, 200-pound white male with dark brown hair -- which is a little long in the front -- and green eyes.
He was last seen wearing a light-colored, button down style, short-sleeve polo shirt and jeans. He also wears a yarmulke.
More Southern California Stories:
- 8 Dead, 2 Wounded in Weekend Gun Violence
- Freeway Delays Continue After Fiery Crash
- Police Brace for Zimmerman Protests
- Pastor at Martin Mother’s Church Calls for Peace
- Vigil Planned for Dog Killed by Police
- SD Safari Park in Midst of a Baby Boom
- Thousands Flock to 2013 SD Pride Celebration