A big rig wrecked and ruptured its fuel tank on the westbound 101 Freeway Tuesday morning, leaking dozens of gallons of fuel onto the roadway, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The semi trailer crashed just before 4 a.m. near the Woodman Avenue offramp in the San Fernando Valley.
CHP closed one lane and the Woodman Avenue offramp for about one hour while crews mopped up 70 gallons of fuel until about 5 a.m.
All lanes were open by morning rush hour.
More Southern California Stories:
- 1 Dead, 1 Hurt in Westminster Crash
- Police Ask for Help to Find Missing Art Student
- Police Arrest Man After Pursuit, Carjacking
- HS Football Players Due in Court for Sex Crimes
- Preventive Care Services and the Affordable Care Act
- LA Is "Auto Fraud Capital" of California
- 105 Fwy Reopens After Methane Gas Leak
- Mom Charged in Children's Killings Was in Custody Battle