Authorities were investigating the death of a man whose body was found in a burned home in Cypress after a standoff with police.
The body was found in a vacant home in the 11500 block of Panay Street Saturday before 8 a.m., officials said.
The drama began before 7 a.m. when a 25-year-old man, described as African American and wearing tan shorts and no shirt, was seen walking down the street near a park carrying a large knife.
When he saw police, he ran, broke through a window into an unoccupied home and started a fire, officials said.
Firefighters were called to douse the blaze and discovered the body of a man inside.
Police did not immediately identify the body and the circumstances of his death were not immediately known.
The homeowners were away on vacation, police said.
More Southern California Stories:
- 4th Man Arrested in Ambush of Officers
- Police Convince Mom to Face Abduction Charges
- Deputy Allegedly Pepper Sprays Teen's Pizza
- Alert Citizen Helps Save Teen From Rapist
- Final X Games in LA Underway
- San Pedro Turns 125 Years Old
- Possible Terror Threat Heightens Alert in LA
- 15-Year-Old Boy Arrested in "Surf City" Rioting