A body was found Tuesday inside a burnt outhouse in the backyard of a Riverside home, authorities said.
The grisly discovery was made about 4:15 p.m., according Lt. Julian Hutzler, with the Riverside Police Department.
First responders received a report of a structure fire in the 6000 block of Stover Avenue, Hutzler said. They arrived to find a burning outhouse. When the flames were extinguished, they discovered a body, believed to be that of a man.
Police believe the body may be that of a male transient, said Riverside Police Officer Bryan Galbreath.
Homicide and arson investigators were still investigating.
Further details were not immediately available.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- Commerce Gas Leak Prompts Evacs
- Tuberculosis Case in SoCal
- Memorial Service for TSA Officer
- Guilty Plea in "Sextortion"
- Not Guilty Plea in Clerk's Killing
- The Treadmill Marathon
- LAX Suspect's Condition Upgraded