Police say they busted a brothel across the street from a Moreno Valley elementary school and arrested the man who they believe was in charge.
Margarito Gomez, 46, of Los Angeles was arrested last Wednesday and booked into jail on suspicion of pimping, operating a brothel and managing a prostitute, the Moreno Valley Police Department said in a news release. Gomez was freed on bond.
The brothel was in the 25100 block of Dracaea Avenue, across the street from Sunnymead Elementary School.
Moreno Valley police made four arrests in a sting operation targeting those associated with the brothel.
Gomez is set to appear in court Jan. 8.
A human trafficking investigation will be conducted to see if there are any cases related to the suspected brothel.
Police urge anyone with more information to call the Moreno Valley Police Department at 951-955-1700.
More Southern California Stories:
- Condolences Pour In for McStay Family
- Officer Shoots Man in Bel-Air
- $5K Reward Offered for Dog's Return
- Orphans Wander Alone in Philippines
- Missing Mother Found in Las Vegas
- Slain Check Cash Clerk Mourned
- Glendale Fundraises for Typhoon Victims
- 10 People Hurt at LA Coliseum