A driver emerged unscathed from a tree-squashed sedan Monday in Chatsworth, according to fire officials.
The tree fell about 2:30 p.m. in the 20500 block of Devonshire Street, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.
It appears the car was moving when the tree uprooted and fell, landing on the silver sedan’s front hood and narrowly missing the windshield. The driver was not injured, a fire official said.
It was not immediately known what caused the tree to topple.
“Though there are winds, the cause cannot be formally determined by LAFD,” the department said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Porn Performer Tests HIV-Positive
- Chemical Odor Sickens 150
- Dodgers Holiday Wishlist
- LA Social Workers Continue Strike
- 18 Deputies Face Criminal Charges
- I-405 Toll Lane Vote
- Cold Snap Brings High Winds
- 405 Toll Lanes Voted Down