A Riverside County man living in a garage with his 1-year-old child was arrested for possession of methamphetamine and child endangerment, authorities said.
Police on Saturday morning were called to a home in the 3200 block of Central Street in Wildomar, just southeast of Lake Elsinore, over concerns of illegal drug use.
Officers said they found 26-year-old Clayton Chavez and his baby in a detached garage.
When officers searched the home, they said they discovered drugs and narcotics-related paraphernalia.
Chavez, who was on probation for previous criminal offenses, was under the influence of a controlled substance at the time of the search, police said.
The baby was turned over to Child Protective Services.
More Southern California Stories:
- Man Sentenced for Disney Ice Blasts
- Ax-Wielding Woman v. Thief
- Screener Safety Eyed After Shooting
- Bus Drivers Put Lives at Risk
- AFI FEST: Highlights Galore
- Couple Celebrates 75-Year Marriage
- Calabasas Teacher in Good Condition
- Obesity Linked to Early Puberty