Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
Bryan Stow, seen here with his son Tyler, was attacked March 31 in Los Angeles following a Giants Dodgers game.
Bryan Stow left the hospital for a rehabilitation center earlier this month, but the attack on Stow remains at the forefront of several legal disputes.
And now it appears the Dodgers, in filing a civil complaint against Stow's attackers, are trying to shift the blame for the Opening-Day attack against the two men arrested for assault.
And, apparently, put part of the blame on Stow himself.
"One of the things the jury will be asked to do is to determine what percentage of fault various individuals have for this event," Jerome Jackson, attorney for the Dodgers and team owner Frank McCourt, told ESPN Los Angeles.
"You're saying to the jury, '[The Stow family] are saying we're 100 percent liable. But does that mean [Marvin] Norwood and [Louis] Sanchez, who beat this guy up, have no liability? And, does it mean Mr. Stow himself has no liability?'" Jackson told ESPN.
Stow was released Oct. 11 from San Francisco General Hospital and moved to a rehabilitation facility. The 42-year-old Giants fan has regained some mobility and no longer has a breathing tube.
The Dodgers noted more than a month ago that they intended to file a lawsuit against Sanchez and Norwood, and on Thursday, Jackson did just that.
"What happened to Bryan Stow was a tragedy," Jackson told ESPN. "The Dodgers have held fundraisers. The Dodgers have helped police in solving this case. That doesn't mean we're legally responsible for what happens here."
The Changeup: McCourt Era Timeline, Key Issues in Bankruptcy Case
"What baffles me is that the level of public outrage at the Dodgers seems to be higher than the level of outrage at the people who inflicted the blows," he said.
Jackson also noted that he's been working on "these cases for 23 years" and has never seen one where it didn't "take two to tango."