In the longest opener of a National League Championship Series, the St. Louis Cardinals outlasted the Los Angeles Dodgers 3-2 in 13 innings Friday night.
Carlos Beltran drove in all three St. Louis runs, including the game-winner on a line drive single in the 13th inning to end the four hour, 47-minute game.
The Boys in Blue will again face the Cardinals 1:07 p.m. Pacific Time Saturday in St. Louis.
More Southern California Stories:
- SoCal Man Accused of Helping Terror Network
- After Messy Big Rig Crash, Fwy Closure Extended
- Chemical Odor Shutters Part of Burbank School
- Finding New Fire Chief Is "Matter of Life and Death"
- PM Forecast: "Crisp, Lovely" Weekend
- Man Accused of al-Qaida Support
- Day Care Teacher Killed During Recess
- Mass Murder Case Lags: Families