A dangerous police chase ended in Downtown Los Angeles Monday afternoon when the driver ran into a Koreatown building then was taken into custody.
The chase started about 4:40 p.m. at 24th and Hoover, according to LAPD. Police were pursuing a stolen vehicle. It lasted less than 10 minutes.
The driver narrowly missed striking a group of pedestrians in a crosswalk, then pulled onto a side street and slowed to less than 5 mph. With the car creeping down the street, the driver flung open the door, ditched his car and ran.
He ran into a building at Cordova and Vermont, and was arrested by several police officers, pictured below.
More Southern California Stories:
- Arrest Made in 6-Year-Old's Slaying
- "It's Amazing": Woman Gets Help Fighting Disease
- WB 134 Lanes Reopen Near 5 Freeway After Crash
- 1 Dead, 1 Hurt in Westminster Crash
- Mother Accused of Murder Seeks Death Penalty
- Porn Actors Must Test for HIV More Often