A man died after leading police on a car chase and crashing into a house in Fullerton early Wednesday, authorities said.
Shortly after 2 a.m., a taxi driver called police to report that his fare was drunk and had assaulted him at Harbor Boulevard and East Wilshire Avenue, said Sgt. Jeff Stuart of the Fullerton Police Department. The taxi driver told police that he saw the man get into a silver vehicle.
Officers tried to stop the vehicle, but it sped away, Stuart said. The resulting pursuit lasted about a minute and spanned 1 mile.
The driver lost control while attempting a turn at Ameridge and Roosevelt, striking a palm tree, a parked car and a house, Stuart said.
The suspect died at the scene, he said.
This story is developing. Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- USC Worries About On-Campus Drinking, Crime
- Fate Unsure for Boy Who Killed Dad
- Residents Fight Rapist's Release
- LAUSD Superintendent to Stay
- Bear Jumps Fences
- Court to Decide Fate of Teen Who Killed Neo-Nazi Father
- Proposed Tolls on 405 Freeway Draw Criticism
- Many Continue to Question Obamacare