Police were searching for a hit-and-run driver after an SUV slammed into a bus stop and struck at least two pedestrians in East Los Angeles Wednesday evening, police said.
A man was driving a white SUV, possibly a GMC Yukon, when he crashed near Whittier and Atlantic boulevards and plowed through a bus stop partition and bench about 5:20 p.m.
Video from the scene showed the SUV leaning against a smashed bus stop and facing against the flow of traffic.
The man was described as Latino in his 20s and was last seen running north on Atlantic Boulevard carrying a 6- to 8-year-old child, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Two pedestrians hit in the crash were taken to County USC Medical Center, and there were reports of a possible third victim.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- Prayer at Council Meetings Debated
- Tour Bus Drivers Suspended
- Olive Oil Tastings
- Time-Lapse Tour of California
- Newborn Boy Found After AMBER Alert
- LA City Council Explores Free Wi-Fi
- Norovirus Shutters Art School
- Two Killed in Riverside Crash