Police on Friday were trying to figure out why a 46-year-old father allegedly stabbed to death his sister in law and wounded his wife and two children, police said.
The drama began after 6 p.m. on Thursday at a home in the 2300 block of North Davidson Avenue, said San Bernardino Police Lt. Paul Williams.
Officers discovered that three family members had been stabbed with a knife or struck with an axe and a man in the front yard holding knife.
A neighbor, Jesse Marquez, said the bloodied 14-year-old son knocked at his door telling him to call 911.
“I went outside and see his dad with a machete covered in blood, his sister-in-law dead,” Marquez said.
Ana Maria Ramirez, 61, was killed in the attack. The suspect’s wife, Sonia Palomo, 49, and two children were hospitalized.
Jorge Alberto Palomo, 46, was arrested in connection with the attack.
Police said it appeared the suspect may have tried to set the house on fire.
More Southern California Stories:
- "Bridge Bash" Fwy Project Shutdown
- Police Fatally Shoot Knife-Wielding Man
- Gas Main Break Closes Fwy Stretch
- Man in Custody After SWAT Standoff in Sylmar
- Skateboarding Pup Finds Her New Home in OC
- LACMA Remodel At Odds With La Brea Tar Pits
- LADWP Workers Collect $77.3M in Overtime
- Death Inspires Rethink of Child Abuse Cases