A woman killed when she was struck by the car she was ejected from in a hit-and-run has been identified as a 48-year-old San Pedro resident.
Olga Herrarte died on 120th Street near Budlong Avenue before 11 p.m. Saturday.
The driver of a Buick Regal was speeding down 120th Street when he lost control, said California Highway Patrol Officer Francisco Villalobos.
The car struck at least two parked cars and spun out.
Herrarte was thrown from the car and struck by the car she had been riding in, Villalobos said.
The driver got out of the car and ran away.
More Southern California Stories:
- Three Killed in Head-On Collision in Riverside County
- Police Seek Suspect in Campus Sex Attack
- Pregnant 16-Year-Old Missing in CA
- Cards Beat Dodgers In Pitching Duel
- Obamacare in Calif. Saves One Family $400 a Month
- High School Football Player Mourned