A former photojournalist in Riverside fell to his death while trimming a tree at his home, according to a city of Riverside fire battalion chief.
Firefighters were dispatched Saturday to a home in the 4000 block of Beachwood Place where the man -- identified today by the county coroner's office as 46-year-old Gabriel Acosta -- was pronounced dead, Riverside Fire Battalion Chief Scott Blair said.
Acosta was alone when he fell 15 to 20 feet from a ladder, breaking both legs and suffering a head injury, Blair said.
Relatives arrived later at the home, found him and called 911, Blair said.
Acosta ran GLA Photo in Riverside and was a staff photographer for the San Bernardino Sun, according to his website, which said Acosta also was a staff photographer for Riverside Magazine.
More Southern California Stories:
- Memorial Held for UCLA Football Player
- Man Allegedly Stabs Ex-Wife, Her Boyfriend
- Fire Victim: "This Was My Dream"
- Mother Accused in Children's Deaths ID'd
- Power Restored to 115K Homes, Businesses
- Police Dog Bites Officer
- U-Haul Truck Crashes Into Drug Store
- Slain 6-Year-Old Girl Was "Sweetest Child"