Los Angeles police on Sunday identified one of the men who allegedly shot and killed a Hollywood party bus passenger as Deondie Wilson of Lynwood.
Two people were arrested in connection with Friday’s shooting, but did not release the second person’s name.
The shooting happened at 11:45 p.m. near Sunset Boulevard and El Centro Avenue, across the street from the Hollywood Palladium, said Sgt. Enrique Mendoza of the Los Angeles Police Department's Hollywood Station.
Investigators said the bus was carrying as many 40 passengers when it arrived in Hollywood from Compton. Some passengers who had to use the restroom requested that the bus pull over.
While stopped, gunfire broke out during an argument outside the bus, police said.
When officers arrived, one of the men was on the ground near the bus and the other was a few feet away, Mendoza said.
One man died while in the hospital and the other was hospitalized in stable condition.
Police said the shooting may have been gang-related.
More Southern California Stories:
- Lakers Blown Out, Nash Lost Too
- Suspected Serial Robber Arrested
- Man Shot Twice, Hit by Car
- Lakers Review: After Seven Games
- Charity Founder Loses Contact With Family in Typhoon
- Salads Linked to E. Coli Outbreak
- Typhoon Disaster Relief Run
- Woman, Girl Found Dead in Hemet