Homicide detectives were investigating the discovery of human remains on a bike path in Montebello Wednesday.
The remains were found in the 900 block of North Lincoln Avenue (map), according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, which was assisting the Montebello Police Department.
The remains were found on a bike path in the area, according to sheriff’s Deputy Kim Manatt, a spokeswoman for the department.
The address is near the Rio Hondo Bike Path, a little more than 10 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.
Multiple police cars were parked at the scene, near Whittier Narrows Recreational Area, aerial video showed.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at 323-890-5500.
Those who want to tip anonymously, can call "Crime Stoppers" by dialing 800-222-TIPS (8477), or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website lacrimestoppers.org.
More Southern California Stories:
- Church Usher Charged With Child Sex Abuse
- Theft Prevention: How to Lock Your Bike
- CHP Sends Pursuit Driver Into Spin
- Hockey Mom Gets Prison for Sex Assault on 2 Teens
- LA Halts Fines for Broken-Meter Parking
- School Board Member Attacked in Attempted Bicycle Theft
- Former Redlands Teacher Pleads Guilty to Sex Charges
- Man Fatally Shot at Sun Valley Collective