The drowning death of an 8-month-old boy prompted the questioning of a couple Saturday morning, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
The infant drowned about 9 a.m. Friday at a home in the 1500 block of Pass and Covina roads in Valinda, about 20 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, officials said. The baby died at a hospital.
Sheriff's homicide detectives questioned a couple from the home where the drowning occurred early Saturday. The couple's relationship to the baby was not clear.
No additional details were immediately available.
More Southern California Stories:
- Bus Driver Rescues Kids From Rushing Water
- Opponents of Oil Drilling in Preserve Lose Ally
- House Collapses in East LA
- Wild Weather Descends on IE
- Driver Wanted in 210 Fwy Death
- Stingray Warning During Holiday Weekend
- Pilot Makes Emergency Landing on Beach
- Son Is Suspect in Mother's Murder