A heated argument inside of a Los Angeles watering hole that began as a fistfight ended with gunfire Friday morning, officials said.
Two men began fighting inside One Eye Jack at Beverly Boulevard and Heliotrope Drive in Koreatown just after midnight, according to a watch commander at the Los Angeles Police Department Rampart Station.
The pair's fistfight spilled into the street, and the man who was "losing" the fight pulled out a gun, police said.
The man shot the other in the neck -- a strike that would have killed the victim if the bullet went 1 inch deeper into his body, police said.
After an hour-long and miles-wide search by a police helicopter and K-9s, the gunman and his firearm were both taken into custody about 1 mile from where the shooting occurred.
The victim underwent surgery at an area hospital and was expected to survive, police said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Earthquake Warning System Now a Possibility
- Seniors in Living Center Evicted
- Deputy Accused of Sex With Teen Girl
- 69 Years After Crash, WWII Airmen Recovered
- More Packets From Ex-TSA Screener Expected
- "Revenge Porn" Bill Heads to Brown's Desk
- Arcadia High Lockdown Lifted
- Teacher Pleads in Sex Case