A Los Angeles police motorcycle officer was hospitalized early Saturday in serious condition after colliding with a car in Hollywood Hills, authorities said.
The crash occurred just after midnight in the 6800 block of Forest Lawn Drive, said Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Erik Scott.
The officer suffered a broken pelvis when his motorcycle broadsided the rear door of a car at Barham and Forest Lawn, said Sgt. Randy Modrell of the LAPD's Valley Traffic Division, where the injured officer was assigned.
The LAPD officer, believed to be about 50 years old, was transported in serious condition to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, officials said.
The cause of the crash was under investigation.
"We have not been able to determine who was at fault because there is a conflict between the two parties' stories," Modrell said.
More Southern California Stories:
- New Ordinance Aims to Keep Film in LA
- LA County Confirms 1st Flu Death
- 4 Arrested in Child Porn Crackdown
- Neighbors Say They'll Move If Rapist Is Released
- "Racial Bake Sale" at UCLA
- African-American Homecoming Duo
- 2 People Bitten by Pit Bull
- PM Forecast: Hot Saturday