A 65-year-old man died after being dragged 75 feet in a hit-and-run crash in Compton on Tuesday night, authorities said.
The man was struck as he crossed the road about 8:45 p.m. at the intersection of Alameda and Oaks streets, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department investigators said.
The driver sped away in what witnesses described as a white sedan, possibly a Pontiac or Chevrolet.
Paramedics pronounced the victim dead at the scene. His identity was withheld until his family was notified.
More Southern California Stories:
- Driver Arrested After RV Crash "Chaos"
- Witness of Dog Shooting Tells Story
- Teacher Arrested After Allegedly Having Student's Baby
- Passenger Removed from 2nd Flight in 2 Days
- Pet Owner Scares Away Coyote, Saves Dog
- Watch Fireworks Shows in SoCal
- Battle Against Deadly AZ Wildfire Continues
- Woman Arrested For Battery After Kissing Officer on Nose