A man was shot in the leg near the University of Southern California during a house party at the same time early Sunday that authorities were responding to reports of an argument there, officials said.
Officers responded to a call made about an argument around 2 a.m. near 37th Place and Raymond Avenue in the USC student housing area, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
As police arrived on scene, gun shots were heard inside the house, officials said. Officers found a man shot in his left leg.
The man was taken to a hospital with non life-threatening injuries, police said.
A perimeter was set up around the house and people were questioned at the scene, but no information on the suspect has been released.
More Southern California Stories:
- Walker Fans Shocked by His Death
- Small Business Saturday Attracts Mellow Crowds
- Security Keeps Close Eye on USC, UCLA Fans
- PM Forecast: Warm Temperatures Going Into Next Week
- Paul Walker Dies in Crash
- Teen Girl Among Dead in Fwy Crash
- Man Dies Trying to Save 2 in Ocean
- Store Standoff Probe Continues