A missing Burbank man’s white Lexus has been found off a cliff along the Angeles Crest Highway with human remains nearby, authorities said.
It was not known Tuesday evening if those remains belonged to the car’s owner, Gevork Boyadzhyan.
The 24-year-old was last seen the morning of July 20 leaving his home in Burbank after having an argument with his mother, according to the Burbank Police Department.
His car was found along Angeles Crest Highway near mile marker 65, said said Sgt. Darin Ryburn, spokesman for the Burbank Police Department.
Ryburn said Boyadzhyan’s family has been notified about the discovery. He said he did not know who found the car Sunday afternoon.
Family and police renewed their plea for help finding Boyadzhyan Aug. 28, nearly six weeks after he disappeared. At the time, police said there had been no activity on Boyadzhyan’s credit or debit cards, and his cell phone had been turned off.
Investigators initially said there's nothing to indicate Boyadzhyan intended to harm himself.
More Southern California Stories:
- Police Seek Sex-Assault Suspect
- Arrest in Shooting Rampage Hoax Calls
- Arrest Made in 6-Year-Old's Slaying
- Dangerous Police Chase Ends in DTLA
- "It's Amazing": Woman Gets Help Fighting Disease
- WB 134 Lanes Reopen Near 5 Freeway After Crash
- 1 Dead, 1 Hurt in Westminster Crash