A motorcyclist died after colliding with a van in Costa Mesa, police said.
The crash happened on Harbor Boulevard near Gisler Avenue at 9:30 p.m. on Saturday.
The force of the crash sent the motorcycle rider through the passenger-side window of the van, said Lt. Mark Manley, of the Costa Mesa Police Department.
Firefighters had to use the Jaws-of-Life to free the motorcyclist. The motorcyclist, who was not identified, died at a hospital, Manley said.
The cause of the crash was under investigation.
The driver of the van was not hurt, police said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Sinkhole Scare Prompts Evacuation of OC Condos
- Man, 19, Killed in Hit-and-Run Crash
- Assembly Speaker: UC Regents Selection Process "Flawed"
- Police Uproot 55K Pot Plants, Arrest 3
- 2 Killed, 1 Wounded in Car-To-Car Shooting
- LA Galaxy Joins Fight to Save SoCal Girl
- Woman Killed in Drive-By Shooting: Police