A woman in her 60s died on Monday when the minivan she was in was hit broadside by a motorcycle rider that was being pursued by police, officials said.
The motorcyclist, a 23-year-old man from Lakewood who also died, collided with the minivan at 6:10 a.m. at East Wardlow Road and Norwalk Boulevard, the California Highway Patrol said.
The crash happened after officers backed off their pursuit, said CHP Sgt. Joe Zizi.
"I'm just upset," said gas station owner Ohannes Chamian, who saw the crash and called 911.
A stretch of the road was closed while authorities investigated the crash.
More Southern California Stories:
- Deputy Hospitalized After Mission Viejo Crash
- Police Seek Teacher in Estranged Wife's Deadly Stabbing
- "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Star Jeff Garlin Arrested
- Wounded SoCal Marine Becomes Underwear Model
- Woman Who Falsely Accused Brian Banks of Rape Ordered to Pay $2.6M