Mourners on Friday were laying to rest a mother of five who was gunned down at a South Los Angeles discount store as she finished her shift.
Martha Sanchez, 39, was killed Sept. 17 at the Happy Bargain 99 Cents store at 74th Street and Broadway. As family and friends mourn her loss, police continue to search for her killer.
The funeral comes after Sanchez's children pleaded for help finding the robber who killed their mother and city officials announced a $50,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.
"She was my role model. She was my best friend. She was everything to me and now she's gone and it's not fair," said Gabriella Sanchez, 18, one of the victim's four daughters.
Police said a man tried to rob the store that night at 9 and shot Sanchez before taking off. A customer found her on the ground with gunshot wounds in her stomach. She died at a hospital.
Gabriella Sanchez said her mother's work ethic is her legacy. She described a woman who came home exhausted, but still wore a smile.
Anyone with information in the case is urged to call 213-485-1383.
More Southern California Stories:
- Stabbing Victim Found Dead in Hawthorne Apartment
- Brian Stow's Family "Heartbroken" Over Fatal Stabbing
- Residents Fear Privacy Breech With New 405 Ramp
- Detecting Trapped Victims May Be Only Heartbeat Away
- Fire Rips Through Beverly Hills Home
- Model in Upskirt Case Felt "Like a Piece of Meat"
- Iconic Theme Park Rides From Around U.S.
- Slain Dodgers Fan Was Celebrating Dad's Birthday