Authorities on Sunday released the name of a man who died when the Dodge Viper he was driving spun out and crashed into a tree in Riverside.
Raphael Debacco, 39, of Jurupa Valley, lost control of the Viper and spun out of control at 100 mph and slammed into a tree. The crash happened Friday about 7 p.m. in the 1800 block of Third Street, the Riverside Police Department said in a news release.
According to Riverside police Sgt. Ben Shafer, Debacco’s female passenger was sent to a hospital in serious condition. Her identity and condition was not known.
Police were investigating the cause of the crash.
Police were asking anyone with information to call Detective Ken Madsen at 951-826-8723.
More Southern California Stories:
- Murder Charge for LAX Gunman
- Crash Kills 2 Women, Injures 3
- Officials Call for Security Changes at LAX
- AM Forecast: Low Clouds, Fog Hover Over SoCal
- Obama Attends McAuliffe Rally
- "We Are Hurting:" TSA Agent's Wife
- Suspended Coaches Return to Field
- Man Charged With 11th DUI