Metro train service on the Blue Line in Los Angeles was halted today due to a power outage, and the lines were expected to be inoperable indefinitely, transit officials said.
The outage started just before 5 p.m. and is interrupting service between the 7th Street Metro Station to the Grand Station on the Blue Line, and on the Expo Line from 7th Street to the 23rd Street station, according to Metro spokesman Paul Gonzales.
The power could be out for several hours, Gonzales said, leaving trains inoperable.
Buses have been sent to transport passengers to and from the Grand and 23rd Street stations to the 7th Street station, Gonzales said.
Metro officials believe the outage is due to damage inflicted by another train to an overhead line near the 7th Street station, Gonzales said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Memorial Held for UCLA Football Player
- Man Allegedly Stabs Ex-Wife, Her Boyfriend
- Fire Victim: "This Was My Dream"
- Mother Accused in Children's Deaths ID'd
- Power Restored to 115K Homes, Businesses
- Police Dog Bites Officer
- U-Haul Truck Crashes Into Drug Store