A 23-year-old man shot by police in Pasadena Friday morning at an apartment complex underwent surgery and is expected to survive, authorities said.
No officers were injured in the shooting, reported just before 11 a.m., near Fair Oaks Avenue north of Mountain Street (map).
The altercation began after patrol officers attempted an enforcement stop involving the 23-year-old, identified Friday evening as Paris Holloway, according to the Pasadena Police Department. Authorities did not provide details regarding why officers wanted to speak with Holloway.
The man ran toward the Kings Villages apartment complex, police said. He allegedly pointed a gun at officers before at least one officer fired, according to police.
A handgun was found near the suspect, police said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Student Collapses at Football Game
- 1 Hospitalized in Pasadena Shooting
- Opening: San Fernando Valley Relics Museum
- Kanye's "Gone" Hits Billboard
- Top Halloween Costumes
- Mass Murder Case Lags: Families
- Dodgers' Owner Johnson Leaves ESPN
- Bear Pursuit Ends in Tree