A 5-year-old boy died and his grandmother was injured when a pickup truck struck them on a Southern California street, police said.
The incident happened at 8 a.m. at Central Avenue and Ramona Drive in Santa Ana, police said.
The boy died at a hospital. His 48-year-old grandother suffered broken bones. A 7-year-old girl was OK.
The 17-year-old driver stopped.
More Southern California Stories:
- Yum: National Dessert Day
- Man Shot While Sitting on Bench
- Warning on Tainted Foster Farms Chicken Expands
- Fire Destroys Decades-Old Restaurant
- Pumpkin Growers Hope Their Gourds Will Win Half Moon Bay Contest
- Lakers in China: Kobe Bryant To "Rev It Up"
- LAPD Officers, Driver Hurt in Crash
- "Dry Ice Bomb" Causes Delays at LAX