Police fatally shot a man who allegedly fired upon officers in Koreatown on Wednesday afternoon, authorities said.
Officers spotted and confronted a gunman about 3:25 p.m. at the intersection of Pico Boulevard and Mariposa Avenue (map). Shots were fired, but LAPD officials would not say who fired at whom.
The suspect fled, launching a 90-minute manhunt in the area. Police found a gun believed to be related to the case, LAPD Sgt. Rudy Lopez said. A police dog picked up the suspect's scent, leading officers to the hidden suspect two blocks to the west.
Officers shot and killed the suspect, Lopez said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Documents Detail Child-Abuse Deaths
- Fundraiser Set for 4-Year-Old Motorcycle Crash Victim
- Oldest Book Store in LA Closes
- Tragedy in Syria Seeps Into SoCal
- Police Kill Alleged Gunman in Koreatown
- Murder Charges in Toddler's Beating Death
- Body Found on Roadside