A reputed gang member and his alleged accomplice were arrested and a second man was being sought in connection with the fatal shooting of a Gardena father in Redondo Beach, police said.
Eduardo Antonio Losa, 42, of Lomita, was arrested on suspicion of murder in the Friday shooting death of Bobby Darrin Reynolds, 38, who was gunned down at close range, police said.
Losa is a member of a South Bay gang, police said.
Shelby Ann Johnston, 29, was booked into jail on suspicion of being an accessory to the murder, police said.
Police were looking for Erick Julian Ortega, 27, the registered owner of the Chrysler recovered near the crime scene, police said.
Ortega has prior arrests for robbery and narcotics offenses, police said.
Ortega communicates with other gang members who are in custody in state prison and is involved with narcotics trafficking, said Capt. Jeff Hink, of the Redondo Beach Police Department, at an afternoon press conference.
He also distributes the proceeds of narcotics to state prison inmates, Hink said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Minor Injuries in Car, Orange Line Bus Crash
- Man Sentenced to Prison in 13-Year-Old Boy's Heroin Death at Sleepover
- Deen's Future Uncertain Ahead of New "Today" Appearance
- Dorner Justifiably Fired From LAPD: Report
- Girl Kicks, Screams Her Way Out of Kidnapping Attempt, Arcadia Police Say