A police pursuit in Chino Hills ended in death Wednesday night when the car being chased wrecked on the freeway, killing its driver, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Chino police officers were in a pursuit when the car rolled over on the 71 Freeway near the Chino Avenue exit about 11:40 p.m., CHP officials said.
Ontario Fire crews and the coroner were en route to the scene just before midnight.
The transition road from the eastbound 60 Freeway to the southbound 71 Freeway was closed until about 4:30 a.m., as well as some lanes on both sides of the 71 Freeway.
The reason the police followed the car was not immediately known.
No additional details were available.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- Deputies Critically Hurt in Crash
- Alleged Hoax Threat Caller Has Developmental Disability
- Customs May Have What You Think Is Your Viagra Order
- Man Allegedly Scammed 86-Year-Old Widow
- Cars Burn in Auto Yard Fire
- Alleged Cop Impersonator Had Weapons Cache
- Rare Blue-Footed Booby Appears in LA County
- Schools Target Homes of No-Show Students