A 22-year-old man died Saturday after being shot during a road-rage incident in Arleta, police said.
The car-to-car shooting occurred about 3 p.m. on Branford Street beneath the Interstate 5 Freeway bridge. A suspect, described as a green-eyed Latino man in a gray Dodge Challenger fired a single shot into the victim's red Kia, according to a Los Angeles Police Department statement.
A camera in the area captured the Challenger passing the Kia moments before the deadly shooting, LAPD Lt. Paul Vernon said in a prepared statement.
The driver of the Kia died hours later at a local hospital. Two passengers in his car were not injured, the statement said.
Anyone with information can call Detective Ryan Verna of the LAPD's Mission Division Homicide Unit at (818) 838-9976. Anonymous tips can be called into Crimestoppers at (800) 222-8477.
More Southern California Stories:
- 8,500 Gallons of Gas Fuel Fwy Fire
- Woman Finds Officer Who Saved Her Life Decades Ago
- Man Arrested for Allegedly Exposing Self to Girls
- 19 Injured in San Francisco Light-Rail Crash
- BART Investigates Sex Tape Taken on Train
- Boy Runs Through Burning Homes to Warn Residents
- Big Rig Erupts in Flames on Fwy
- Teacher Abused Boys: Court Docs