Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
Residents at the London Spires Mobile Home Park in Hemet have been without power since Saturday, Aug. 18. On Tuesday, a temporary fix was brought in but park officials say they still need to repair the main power box. Jacob Rascon reports from Hemet for NBC4 News at 6 p.m. on Aug. 21, 2012.
Hundreds of people live in the London Spires Mobile Home Community in Hemet, and they have been without power since Saturday.
"All of a sudden the power went out, and we heard this big pop," said resident Cindy Lesley.
The community's main power box blew up, right in the middle of a prolonged heat wave. About 250 customers have been sweltering in the dark ever since.
"You can't sleep at night time. It's so damn hot in this house," said resident Larry Benson. "Everybody's suffering around here."
Most of the residents lost all their cold food and many of them are on fixed incomes, Lesley said.
A massive generator arrived on Tuesday to temporarily restore power.
"After that we'll have to see how we're going to replace our main distribution panel. The one that we had the damage in," said Larry Boles, Property Manager.