Eight people were injured, one critically, after a rollover collision Saturday night on Imperial Highway in the Playa del Rey area, a Los Angeles fire department official said.
The crash was reported about 9:15 p.m. at 7899 West Imperial Highway (map), according to Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Erik Scott.
Two vehicles collided and one rolled over, trapping one person inside the rolled-over vehicle, Scott said.
Firefighters freed the victim in about 20 minutes, he said. That patient was hospitalized in critical condition. Another less-seriously injured person also was hospitalized, Scott said.
The conditions of the other crash victims were unclear.
More Southern California Stories:
- Police Seek Suspect in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Suspected Gunman Kills Mom Before Officers Kill Him
- SoCal Teacher Dies in Hiking Accident
- Colo. Company Tests Spacecraft in Calif. Desert
- LA Helps Fight Fire Near Yosemite
- Truck Crashes Into McDonald's Drive-Thru
- Man Arrested in Dog's Backseat Death