The Pasadena Tournament of Roses announced its 95th Rose Queen, who will reign over the 2013 Rose Parade.
Rose Princess Vanessa Natalie Manjarrez, 17, was named the event's queen at a Tuesday ceremony.
She is a Pasadena resident who attends Mayfield Senior School, where she is on the Diversity Committee and Advising Council, according to the Tournament of Roses.
Vanessa’s parents are Maria Sarry and Armando Manjarrez.
She's one of seven members of the Tournament of Roses' Royal Court, which also includes:
- Kathryne Alice Benuska, 17, of Altadena, who attends Maranatha High School
- Tracy Italia Cresta, 17, of Pasadena, who attends La Salle High School
- Victoria Sophia McGregor, 17, of Pasadena, who attends Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy
- Nicole Cherie Nelam, 17, of Pasadena, who attends Pasadena High
- Sonia Marie Shenoi, 17, of San Marino, who attends San Marino High School
- Madison Michelle Barili Teodo, 17, of La Canada, who attends La Canada High School.
Some 900 Pasadena-area young women auditioned to join the court. The group was narrowed to 33, then the final seven were anounced earlier this month.