An elementary school in South Los Angeles remained locked down at noon Tuesday after a report of an armed robbery shuttered multiple Los Angeles Unified School District campuses.
Three Los Angeles Unified School District schools in a South LA neighborhood were locked down Tuesday morning after a report of an armed robbery.
Lockdown orders have been lifted for Miller and Wadsworth elementary schools, and Wanda Mikes Primary Center. Harmony Elementary School remained on lockdown, according to a spokeswoman with LAUSD.
Authorities are still searching for an armed robber near Avalon Boulevard and 41st Street (map), south of downtown Los Angeles. The armed robbery was reported at or near a recycling center.
Police perimeters and their search for the subject were still active by noon, according to a Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson.
No sightings of the subject have been reported on the school campuses, located east of the 110 Freeway.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- Guilty Plea in "Sextortion"
- "Meatball" the Bear Naming Feud
- "Godfather" Rehearsal Prop Auction
- Schools Locked Down During Search
- Memorial Service for TSA Officer
- Nurses Volunteer After Typhoon
- Heartache for Typhoon Victims
- Free Deliveries to Philippines