Two and a half years after the worst mass shooting in Orange County history, the alleged gunman, 44-year-old Scott Evans Dekraai, pleaded guilty in court Friday. Eight people were killed Oct. 12, 2011, including Dekraai's ex-wife.
October 12, 2011: A gunman opened fire inside a Seal Beach salon, shooting and killing eight people. He was captured about a half-mile from the Salon Meritage. Scott Evans Dekraai, then 41, a former tugboat crewman who served in the military, was arrested on suspicion of murder. His ex-wife, Michelle Fournier, was among those killed.
October 13, 2011: More than 1,000 mourners gathered for a prayer service and candlelight vigil to honor the memory of eight Seal Beach residents gunned down in a shooting rampage and pray for the lone survivor who escaped with her life.
October 2011: District Attorney Tony Rackauckas announced Dekraai will be charged with 8 counts of murder and he will seek the death penalty.
October 2011: A newly released 911 call provides a chilling insight into the Seal Beach massacre just minutes after gunfire began at Salon Meritage.
November 2011: Court documents alleged that Dekraai "knew exactly what he was doing" and told police he spent time plotting out the massacre at the beach that morning.
November 2011: Dekraai was sued by the family of one of his alleged victims -- his ex-wife.
November 2011: A second family sued Dekraai.
November 2011: A judge ruled that cameras will be allowed in court during an upcoming hearing for Dekraai.
January 2012: Trustees of a fund set up for those affected by a mass shooting in Seal Beach announced that a final batch of money had been distributed.
March 2012: The salon began an extensive remodel five months after the shooting.
April 2012: An Orange County judge ordered the release of portions of the grand jury testimony in the case against Dekraai. Gordon Gallego told the jury that he heard a coworker scream, "You don't have to do this; please don't kill me," during the worst massacre in Orange County history.
October 2012: The widow of the owner of the Seal Beach beauty salon where eight people were killed filed a lawsuit alleging that her insurance company did not fully pay off on a policy for work interruption.
October 2012: The first anniversary of the Seal Beach massacre was an unavoidable reality for a quiet community that experienced one of the most violent days in the state.
November 2012: More than a year after Salon Meritage in Seal Beach became the site of the largest mass killing in OC history, the salon would re-open with a new owner, a new location and a new look.
March 2014: Dekraai's trial was split into two parts in hopes of speeding up the continually delayed murder case, a judge ruled.
April 28, 2014: Dekraai's defense attorney announced he has agreed to plead guilty in court on May 2.
May 2, 2014: Dekraai pleaded guilty to eight counts of murder and one count of attempted murder in an Orange County Superior Court.