The search for a Canyon Country teen last seen leaving a friend’s house on New Year’s Day continued this weekend as more than 150 people, including on- and off-duty Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies, and sheriff’s helicopters scoured the Santa Clarita neighborhood where Sarah Katlyn Alarid had rung in 2013.
Alarid's uncle told NBC4 the group planned to continue searching until nightfall Saturday, but were unsure of their search plans Sunday because of rain. The group has been going door to door with flyers.
The 19 year old is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, about 110 pounds with reddish-brown hair and hazel eyes. She was last seen between 3:30 and 4 a.m. on Jan. 1 as she left a friend’s house on Poppy Meadow Street in Santa Clarita, sheriff’s officials said.
Alarid was said to have driven from the home in a silver 2002 Ford Focus with California license plates 4WXE737. The four-door sedan has a faded decal of the pink cancer ribbon on the left side of the rear window.
Alarid has two lip piercings, a young piercing and ear gauges in both ear lobes. She also has several distinctive tattoos:
- a gun on her left middle finger;
- a skull on her right shoulder;
- three bats on her left calf;
- a moon containing the face of the character “Oogie Boogie” from the film the Nightmare Before Christmas on her right calf;
- under the moon on her right calf is a tattoo of two trees shrouded in fog;
- a red and black sun on her inner left forearm.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Missing Persons Unit of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at (323) 890-5500.