A second family has sued the man accused of shooting innocent victims inside and outside the Seal Beach Salon Meritage last month.
The family of Christy Lynn Wilson, the second victim in the shooting that killed eight people in the worst mass killing in Orange County history, is seeking payment for her hospital and funeral expenses, as well as for the loss of her "love, care, companionship," according to the Orange County Register.
MORE: Seal Beach Massacre Special Section
"My kids no longer have a mother,'' Paul Wilson said. "I no longer have a wife, best friend and soul mate. We were married for 24 years and she was our world. My life and my kids' lives will never be the same. Somebody must be accountable and answer for that.''
Scott Evans Dekraai, 42, of Huntington Beach, is accused of shooting innocent victims inside and outside the Seal Beach Salon Meritage on October 13. Wilson was shot along with Dekraai's ex-wife Michelle Fournier. The former couple had been feuding over the custody of their 8-year-old son.
Michelle Marie Fournier's parents, Joseph and Geraldine Burke, filed a similar lawsuit against Dekraai in Orange County Superior Court Friday, also seeking unspecified damages.
State law allows for victims to sue Dekraai's homeowners insurance company to recover damages,
Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said about 20 people were in the salon when Dekraai entered. Dekraai shot his ex-wife first, because she was in the front of the salon, then continued firing into the business, Rackauckas said.
Dekraai is charged with eight felony counts of special circumstances murder for committing multiple murders and one felony count of attempted murder.
Rackauckas said he plans to seek the death penalty.