A 54-year-old man who hosted bible study meetings in his Orange County home was convicted Wednesday of sexually assaulting two young relatives, prosecutors said.
James Ray Guerrero of Westminster was found guilty on all charges of lewd acts upon a child and distributing pornography to a minor, according to the Orange County District Attorney's Office.
Prosecutors said Guerrero was a "self-appointed pastor who hosted regular 'church' meetings and bible studies" in his home.
The boys, who were both 12 at the time, attended the meetings regularly, and were invited to the home, where they were sexually assaulted, prosecutors said.
Prosecutors did not say how Guerrero and the boys were related.
The investigation began in 2009 when one of the boys told family members that Guerrero had molested him, police said.
Prosecutors said Guerrero faces 123 years to life in state prison when he is set to be sentenced Feb. 14.
More Southern California Stories:
- Weekend: Hollywood Christmas Parade
- Macy's 2013 Thanksgiving Parade
- AM Forecast: Cool and Cloudy Thanksgiving
- Guard Wounded in Pot Shop Shootout
- Inglewood Gunman Surrenders After Vowing Not to Be Taken Alive
- Workers, Consumers Rebel Against Thanksgiving Hours
- DWP Bills Nixed Til Glitch Is Fixed
- Robber Stabs Woman at Work